It is the beginning of a new year and the question inevitably comes up when we hear that NOW is the time to enter the Housing Market: WHY NOW??
- the Canadian housing market is stable & the majority of Canadians say that real estate is a good long-term investment
- Interest rates are still well below historical levels
- Home values are increasing but are still considered affordable
THREE REASONS TO BUY
- Low Interest Rates – Mortgage interest rates remain flat, on average, making this a great time to apply for a mortgage
- Homes are still affordable – home prices are predicted to remain stable and increase 2.1% in 2014, increasing the average MLS® price to between $362,400 and $392,200.
- Reap the benefits of homeownership – Owning a home gives you the potential to build wealth over time as well as the ability to have control over your own space.
THREE REASONS TO SELL
1. Your home is a valuable asset – Nationally, home values remain balanced with most provinces seeing increased or stable home values.
2. The market is balanced – with an average inventory of 6.4 months at the current sales pace.
3. Your family or life situation has changed – Growing families need more space than couples or families with grown children. If your home no longer fits your needs, it may be time to sell it in order to buy one that does
IF YOU’RE LOOKNG TO BUY OR SELL A HOME OR YOU WANT THE SCOOP ON THE LOCAL HOUSING MARKET – GIVE ME A CALL.
44% bought because they felt it was a good investment
37% thought it was the right time to buy
23% bought to move to a near neighbourhood
18% bought to accommodate their expanding families
80% of buyers knew that their home was the right one as soon as they walked in it
Who do YOU know who would like to buy a home or sell their home in the next month or two?
I am here to help and take excellent care of you and your family!
YOUR Guelph REALTOR®, Krystal MooreKrys@Krystalmoore.com Email: Kmoore@rlproyalcity.com
I love to earn your referrals and appreciate you trusting me enough to help your friends, family and colleagues!