Regardless of the time of year, there are always buyers on the hunt for a home of their own. Take advantage of the colder (and snowier) weather and improve your home’s marketability this season by enhancing its warm and cozy ambiance!
SET THE STAGE TO SELL YOUR HOME THIS WINTER with these easy tips:
- MAINTAIN YOUR WALKWAYS – shovel and sand or salt your walkway and driveway to prevent buyers from slipping on the way in or out of your home.
BONUS TIP: IF YOU LIVE IN AN AREA THAT RECEIVES A LOT OF SNOW, BUILD A SNOWMAN TO GREET PROSPECTIVE BUYERS AS THEY PULL UP TO YOUR HOME.
- CLEAN THE CLUTTER! – Move boots, shoes, coats and any unnecessary items from the doorway into a closet.
- MAKE IT COZY – Use the holiday season to show the warm and inviting qualities of your home!
- TURN THE FOCUS ON THE FIREPLACE – Place a few fresh logs in the fireplace to show that they are ready to be lit.
- TURN ON THE LIGHTS – It gets dark much earlier in the Winter. Ensure that your home is well lit and that all of your blinds and curtains are clean and bright.
- TURN UP THE HEAT – It is cold outside! Adjust your thermostat to a warmer temperature (but remember that most people will keep their coats on so don’t ‘sweat them out’!
1. Less Competition
2. Buyers are more motivated to close quickly
3. Your home may show better
4. You can take advantage of the holiday season with decorations and lighting.
1. Your Lender is less busy
2. You can take advantage of post-holiday sales and deals
3. You’re more likely to see homes at their best.
Who do YOU know who would like to buy a home or sell their home in the next month or two?
I am here to help and take excellent care of you and your family!
YOUR Guelph REALTOR®, Krystal MooreKrys@Krystalmoore.com Email: Kmoore@rlproyalcity.com
I love to earn your referrals and appreciate you trusting me enough to help your friends, family and colleagues!
*Information for this post was taken from my December 2013 Newsletter as a part my membership with Buffini and Company