Summer is almost here!!!
As YOUR Guelph REALTOR®, Krystal Moore, I am always being asked by my amazing clients and contacts for tips on Buying and Selling real estate. Here are some tips for you:
FIVE TIPS FOR BUYERS
1. Get your credit in shape – If you plan to finance your home purchase, check your credit history – especially if you’re a first time buyer!
2. Get pre-approved for a mortgage – Early in your search, meet with you Lender to get pre-approved to give you a better picture of what you can afford and the financing options available (Ask me for a list of amazing Guelph professionals)
3. Establish your budget – Whatever you’re financing your purchase or paying cash, it helps to establish a budget.
4. Make a List – Buying a home is a process of elimination NOT a process of selection. Make a list of your ideal home’s must haves and deal breakers. This will help you to narrow your search so that you can find a home that fits your current and future needs.
5. Think about resale –While you may purchase your home as a long-term investment, keep in mind that you may need to sell it one day. Consider the homes resale value when you’re looking at properties.
1.Clear the Clutter –Before you put your home on the market, clear the clutter that’s accumulated over the years. Tackle one room at a time and divide your items into 3 piles: Keep, donate, toss
2. Get Packing – Although you don’t want to pack up all of your belongings, it helps to start boxing up the items that you want to keep but won’t use for a wile, such as out of season clothing or sporting equipment.
3. Research the local market – Knowing how much the homes in your local neighbourhood are selling for and how long they stayed on the market can help you guage your home’s value and estimate a time frame for the sale.
4. Repair and improve – Boost your home’s curb appeal by doing minor repairs and improvements inside the home and out. Tackle any necessary repairs, paint your walls a neutral colour and replace light fixtures or appliances that are damaged or out of date. And don’t forget to clean!
5. Be realistic – While it’s good to get a feel for the local market, be realistic about the selling process. Having realistic expectations for your home sale will help to relieve some of the stress of selling.
*DID YOU KNOW THAT 80% OF BUYERS KNOW IF THE HOME IS RIGHT AS SOON AS THEY WALK IN IT*
For more information about this and other Real Estate topics in Guelph, or to set up a free no obligation consultation, please get in touch for Moore today! Kmoore@rlproyalcity.com or 519-400-8394. I’m looking forward to your call and to getting to know each other!
YOUR Guelph REALTOR®
Krystal Moore, Sales Representative
Royal Lepage Royal City Realty, Brokerage
Independently Owned and Operated
214 Speedvale Ave. W.
Guelph, ON N1H 1C4
Why choose Krystal?
I have over 16 years’ experience in Sales and Customer Service, I am motivated, dedicated
and have a solid background in law. I consistently go above and beyond to make my clients
feel important, valued and appreciated!
Want to know Moore?
*information taken from Buffini and Company monthly newsletter